Powered By Blogger

Sunday, October 26, 2003

This IS progress... right?

As I stand back and look at the house, I have to remind myself that this is progress.
Right?

The overgrown shrubbery has been pulled out. The Railroad ties have been removed and the dead trees are cut down.
The cedar shake shingles and decks have been taken down. The rented dumpster in the driveway is almost full. The house now looks...

abandoned


My son Joe is a carpenter by trade trade and he offered to work for us in between his reguslar jobs. 
I am going to be his assistant.

Ray works long hours and he'd
rather pay someone else to do the work then come home and do it himself. That's OK. It will get done faster this way.



Joe is going to replace all the windows tomorrow. When we started this project we only talked about building a new deck.
Now besides installing new windows and siding, we had to put in another retaining wall and do some major landscaping out front.


Of course, new windows mean new window treatments inside the house. Did I mention that there is a ton of indoor work to be done as well? 

While reading the Sunday paper this morning I found myself flipping through the Real Estate section.

Is it too late to pack up and move?




No comments: