Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 21, 2004

Controlled Substance

It has come to my attention that since I have been so immersed in writing this Journal the following situations have occurred:
1) Laundry: We have no underwear.  Even the emergency supply of older underwear is now dirty and lying beside the over flowing hamper.
2) Errands: We are out of kitty litter. 
3) Dusting: It is so dusty in here that it has been suggested that if anyone were to accidentally drop a seed it would take root and grow.
4) Dishes: We have no clean dishes or flatware.  The dishwasher is full.
5) Health: Nothing's getting firmer if there's dust on the Bowflex!  
6) Communication: I haven't opened the US Post office mail in a month. I haven't talked to my mother in over 6 weeks.
7) Beauty: My roots are 3 inches long.
8) Maintenance: There is a Christmas wreath hanging on our front door. All my houseplants have died.
Needless to say, I need to get my priorities in order, stop procrastinating, and get to work. So I am going to have to stop blogging on a regular basis, and just write one whenever I get the chance.  I need to stop writing, and turn off the computer.  PUT THE MOUSE DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER.  LOL.  I could write an entry about that.  If I had the time that is.  But I don't, so I'll have to save that idea for another day.  As soon as I finish this cup of coffee I am so out of here.  That laundry is as good as done.  I'm not even going to sign on later to see if I have any mail.  I'm already doing so well.  You won't be seeing MY screen name lit up.  Nope.  I should write a new 'Away Message' though.  Something like, "I'm sorry.  I'm not at my computer right now, I am busy cleaning, shopping, doing laundry, opening mail, calling my mother, exercising and putting away all the Christmas decorations."  It would be rude and uncaring not to put up a message.  Just because I'm busy doesn't mean that I can't be friendly.  Uh-oh.  I think Ray is walking over to pull the plug!  He's yelling, "Go towards the light, honey!  I mean the DUST!"  Isn't he just too cute?  I should write an entry on all the cute things he does!  But not today.  Sigh.  OH ALL RIGHT!  Don't forget me, guys!!  I'll be back!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I always enjoy visiting your Journal and see what you have written. Theres always something of interest to read. Thank you for sharing with me and your other readers and I will return often.

John G.

Anonymous said...

Lisa...stop it...if you go and do all that you will make the rest of us look bad. Hurry up will ya!

Anonymous said...

Arrggghhhh! Cold Turkey!You might step away from that mouse, but I know you and you won't be silent long. Oh, great, another problem caused by technology--Blogaholics! "Hi, I'm Debi and it's been two days since my last Blog..."
Okay- do the June Cleaver thing and write soon, please!

Anonymous said...

Well, if you mean it, we'll miss you of course but I sure understand. After all, you have a new career now. You'll be on "Saturday Night Live" soon making fun of us all in a routine. We know your kind. : ) Then, you can get a cleaning lady. : )
Seriously, take care and we'll be here when you get back.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Now careful how much you do, cause my fiancee reads the journals and IF he sees this one he might get ideas of putting ME to work around the house!!! At the moment he's been taking the burden of the work. Hurry back!
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

You should see my laundry pile...i save laundry for the weekend and boy does that pile get high...

Anonymous said...

Tell me you're not serious?!...Think of all the material we can supply you for your new "gig" Aren't you afraid you'll miss out? LOL...Hurry with your domestic role...seeya real soon...

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, the distractions of AOL-J. ::sigh:: Get used to it. Tis sad. Tehehehe..

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to say that I'll miss seeing as much of you, but I perfectly understand the sentiment. I have my own time constraints which prevent me from keeping the excellent journal that i have found in reading yours. In fact, I prefer to read other journal entries when I have the time rather than keeping my own updated.

Anonymous said...

(Gosh, even my comments get too wordy) Cont. from previous comment.
But I just want you to know that ever since I have discovered your journal from the "Editor's Weekly" pick list, I have been compelled to come back over and over again to see what you have written next. Your sense of humor is such a total inspiration to me, so please don't stay away too long.

Anonymous said...

So then . . . good luck with the launtry, errands, dusting, dishes, health, communication, beauty and maintenance. :-) See ya when you get back!

Anonymous said...

Don't buy kitty litter. Let kitty out at night to poo in the neighbor's tulips.

Anonymous said...

The other day I went up to the wrong house, I knew because all the Christmas stuff was still out, tree, lights etc. I knew I was at the wrong house....now I know it must have been a blogger!....
Mary
ps, miss you

Anonymous said...

Could be worse. You could be a crack-headed gambler. Or something like that. Least that's what I tell my husband when he grumbles. "You know where I am, you know what I'm doing, and hey, BONUS, it aint costing additional money! Now scram."

(Hope I didn't offend anyone.)

~ Karyn
http://beta.journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakesMyChoices/

Anonymous said...

Hope you're getting all caught up! Roots are a bad, bad thing! LOL Look forward to reading your next entry at the turn of the century! =)

XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I get a real kick outta ur Journal....I am a DWAF....just add AGING....I am still recovering and wish there was a support group!!!...this is almost as good!!

Anonymous said...

The spring cleaning bug bit you I see! LOL You'll have to tell us all about it when you return. Missin' ya in the meantime!

Anonymous said...

**LMAO !! This just cracked me up hahaha. What's wrong with alittle dust anyway heehe. And really now what's wrong with us sitting here at puter all day and night? I enjoy the hours I spend here lol *Becky

Anonymous said...

i miss you! Just want to let you know Love ya!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good writer and funny as hell! I hope you come back soon!