Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 19, 2004

Get out there and vote!

To see my Journal up there with some of the best and most talented people in J-land is ... truly humbling.  I'm honored and excited.  I'd like to thank all the people who voted for me in the nominations phase, and wish all of the candidates good luck.
Before you make your final decision, let me take this opportunity to show you who I really am...

Each highlighted word is a link that will take you to an entry that I feel best describes my personality and convictions that may qualify me for the titles of ‘Lady Of The Blog or Best Female Journal,' ‘Most LOL Moments in One Blog’ and ‘The Mad Hatter Award’.  These are the entries that I feel are my best work.  If you put them altogether they add up to my Finest Hour!

I'm a 49 year old DWF from New Jersey.  I am in the process of renovating my friend Ray's house, which has proved to be quite a challenge since it's located directly above the gates of hell.  I am a nurse ... actually one of the Nursing Supervisor's at a large area hospital.  The one you call when you don't like your roommate, your TV doesn't work, or you hate green colored Jell-O.  I have three grown kids, and one small, but adorable grandbaby.  I've spent the past two years battling the Empty Nest Syndrome, menopause, quitting smoking, losing weight and learning to live with the Grand Poobah of all pack rats.  I am actively studying to be a Senior Citizen, and have been blogging since last October.  I also have a Web Site and I'm in the process of writing a book. 
   
VOTE FOR ME!

Why?  Because I'm just like you.   Same values, same struggles, same goals.  A vote for me is a vote for you.
I'm a typical middle-aged, DWF from New Jersey, who hates diets, and has an addiction to  chocolate.  I'm a  do-it-yourselfer, and I can frequently be found enjoying the great outdoors from the safety of my computer screen.  Although I have days when all I can hope for is that I can reach the remote control to the TV if it falls under the bed, I know the secret to happiness! 
I know exactly what I want to do with my life.  I know where I'm going.  But I’ll never forget where I’ve been. 
I have goals and nothing will get in my way. 
I know the meaning of dedication... I’m more than willing to sacrifice my own well-being for the sake of others, or even that of Ray’s, if it comes to that.

I seem to know immediately what's important.
I'm not afraid to ask important questions. 
Some people may wonder what kind of scruples I have.  Would I stoop to new levels of lowness to get what I want?  That depends entirely on how you define... low.  
I know how to be politically correct; and I strive to always keep an open mind.  My many years of scientific research have kept me sharp.
My enemies may accuse me of being hormonal.  But I know my limitations; and I know when to slow down.
I'm not afraid of a challenge.  I even have a cause...

But above all else … I'm American!

Now get out there and vote America!  Do it for the Gipper!
Do it for yourselves!  Do it for ME!  Just do it!
(This advertisement has been approved by The Occupant.  All opinions, viewpoints and deranged thoughts are solely that of said Occupant, and were never expected to be regarded as valid, rational or exact.)

http://pub49.bravenet.com/vote/vote.php?usernum=4145820577&cpv=2

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I got a baby for you to carry for the cameras. ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLL! You are one competitive broad. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all your nominations!!!!

Anonymous said...

Great journal.  Way to promote yourself!  Congrats on all of your nominations.  Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Woooooohooooo! CONGRATULATIONS LISA!!!

Anonymous said...

LOL I voted for you! I don't think you have to worry. You are blowing everyone away.

Anonymous said...

You got my vote!