Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Mom

Hi Mom.
I can't believe that this will be my sixth Mother's Day without you. I miss you so much. Life goes on, but it's a lot harder without you here. I miss our talks over coffee. You were always such a good listener. I wish that you were here when I signed my book contract in December. I know that you always had the dream of becoming an author yourself, but it wasn't in the cards for you. You would have been my biggest fan and supporter. Your enthusiasm, determination and faith were contagious. I thank you for that.

I have two new grand-kids, Mom. They are so adorable. I wish they got a chance to meet you. And Brandon is getting so big. He inherited our wild imaginations. All three of my kids turned out so well. You would be proud of them, like I am.

You always had such a way of looking through the darkest of days and seeing the sunshine. I know you're with Daddy, and that's where you wanted to be. I'm happy for you. No matter how long you're gone, I'll never forget how special you both were.
 
I can't tell you how many times, even now, that I have the urge to pick up the phone and call you. Share a bit of wonderful news, or just cry on your shoulder over something insignificant that will pass.

How I wish I had to make time to run out to the store to buy you a Mother's Day Card. I'd try to find one that told you what a great Mom you were. How much I appreciate everything you ever did for me. That I am still realizing how many sacrifices you made to raise your seven kids. You taught me so much.

I just wanted you to know that, Mom. I love you.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: