Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 27, 2010

Auld Lang Syne

Here it is. The end of 2010. It was a great year for me. I got to see my novel 'Passing Whispers' published, and I have a lot to be thankful for. A wonderful, loving family. Awesome friends. A great job. Good health. There's really not much more I could ask for.

But now it's time to think about New Year's Resolutions. Like most years before this one, I have a long list to choose from. I can't say I've ever succeeded though, or that it was fun trying. I guess the endeavor to improve yourself is always difficult, but worth the effort, however brief.

I really do need to quit smoking. For good. I don't have to tell you why, we all know the reasons. I need to start exercising. I'm probably in the worst physical shape of my life right now. I need to spend less time on Face Book and start writing again. Get into some kind of routine. Drag my lazy butt out of bed and go to church on Sundays. Sort though the 14,000 pics I have stored on my computer. I should learn to stick to a budget. Put some money away for my rapidly approaching old age. 
I guess my biggest obstacle is thinking there's always tomorrow. I'm going to run out of them someday.

Okay. I'm going to do it. Really.

Thank God I have one more week to lay around, eat, smoke and spend money I don't have. But then, that's it. Discipline. Routine. Organization. I will be envied by thousands of people like myself. "How does she do it?", they'll ask themselves. "My mother is such a great role model," my kids will say over and over again. My grandkids will write essays claiming I'm the person who they want to be like when they grow up. Yeah. I can see it now. Nice.


How many days do I have left?

No comments: