Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pinch me!

I've been writing for ten years now and I can't tell you how many times my novel has been rejected. I often wondered if I'd EVER get anything published. My mother was a writer and no matter how many rejections she got, she never gave up. Her enthusiasm and faith were contagious, so I just kept at it. Not too many people get to see their their dream come true (my mother didn't), but I'm happy to report that TODAY... I will! Devine Destinies has released my first, paranormal romance novel 'Passing Whispers'!

It's thrilling. It's terrifying. I want to shout it from the rooftops. I want to hide under the covers. Yes, I'm a Gemini and always struggle with conflicting feelings. This could change my life forever if fate looks at me kindly, or it could be the biggest disappointment of my life, if fate is toying with me.

One of the best parts is that my kids are proud of me. I hope that I can inspire them the way my mother inspired me. I'm awestruck at how supportive friends, family and co-workers can be. Their words of encouragement pull me out of the fear and doubt that grips me even now. My grandson, Brandon (8 years old) is wild with anticipation.

My only regret is that my parents didn't live to see this. I know my mother is smiling down at me from Heaven and is doing everything she can to help me. My Dad would have been my biggest, toughest critic, but he would be proud and excited for me, too.

I'd like to thank my kids and my daughter-in-law, for their support and undying devotion. For never shaking their heads or rolling their eyes at my visions of becoming a writer. For jumping in and helping me make the book trailer. To my grandchildren (especially Brandon) for giving up time with me because I was busy writing. To my friends and co-workers who were always ready to hug me and shout "Woo Hoo" every step of the way. To Jay and Tina at Devine Destinies for giving me a chance.

And most importantly, I'd like to thank God for giving me a wild imagination, a strong will and a great sense of humor.

Buy the book: Devine Destinies
'Passing Whispers' by Lisa Anne Vance. Under 'New Releases'. Also available on Amazon.

See the book trailer: Passing Whispers

Read my Interview:


No comments: