Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Face Book

I've only been an avid participant on Face Book for a little over a year now, but I can hardly remember life without it. In some ways, Face Book has deepened my present relationships and revived old ones. In just a few minutes, I can see what every single friend is up to, hoping to do and already done. There are pictures of them and their families. I can see what kind of movies, music and recipes they enjoy. I'm right there when they get any kind of news, good or bad, and can offer words of encouragement, praise, prayers and congratulations.
 
I can't help but wonder if all this knowledge is... unhealthy. I now worry about more things and people than I ever did before. Are John and Cathy drinking too much? Will Kathy's mother be alright living by herself in Florida? What if she really starts a fire next time? Is Donna making a mistake moving to Tennessee? It's great that Lisa K is traveling so much, but is she safe? Maybe Mina shouldn't have taken that BF back again. I'm not the only one who thinks that... there were many comments when she broke off with him. What if Nicole can't sell her house? When will Sara's next book be out? Will her sister become a star now that she moved to LA? Jackie works too much. Will someone give Walt a ride home from the dentist after he gets his wisdom teeth extracted? I hope Rose does well in school. Jude is going to miss her grandson so much. Rupal will make such a good mother someday. Her brother-in-law IS a PIA. Sharon's still in pain after her surgery. Bonnie is having strange dreams. Are Brad's teeth really whiter in that un-retouched photo? Jeanette's mother doesn't like what she's wearing in one of her videos. Jen graduated and got a new job. We'll miss her. Theresa got married? Let me see what he looks like... Amy's baby is adorable. Cathy and Ray are going to Disneyworld. Deneen's pregnant!  Joe K got fired for being in a coma! Lisa V wants someone to adopt a cat. Denna's so tired. Shirley sure plays a lot of games. Awww! My son and his wife are writing little love notes to each other. OMG! If my daughter leaves that picture of herself up there, I'll have to kill her.
 
The hours creep by. I'm still reading. Face Book is addicting.

No comments: