Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 9, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day is upon us. I can't imagine the day doesn't impact just about everyone in the entire world in some way.

Some people are children and don't even know much about Mother's Day. But their mom's know how fortunate they are to have been given such precious gifts from God.

Some people never had a mom to love and take care of them, and they disprove the old adage "You don't miss what you never had."

Some people had a mom, but for one reason or another, she was incapable of giving them the love they so desperately wanted. No one will ever know her reasons, but they must be there. They must.

Some people have lost their mother's. And no matter how long they have been gone, they still miss them. Time doesn't always heal all wounds.

As a woman who has lost her mother years ago, let me give you some advice. If your mother is still here... love her. Tell her you love her. You may not think it would make much of a difference to her, but it will. Call her. Someday you'll want to call her, but she won't be there. Spend time with her. Laugh with her. Ask her all kinds of questions. The answers will be important to you someday. Treat her with respect. She has lived longer than you and has given up more things for you than you'll ever know. She may not tell you, but you are never, ever out of her mind or her heart. No matter how old you are, she still worries about you. No one wants more for you than your mother. She is your biggest fan and best cheerleader. She'll love you no matter what you do. If she makes faces at you, yells at you or berates you, it's only because she wants so much for you. She'd rather fail herself than see you fail.

Hug your Mom today, on this precious Mother's Day. You have no idea how much I envy your opportunity. 

And Mom... I love you. I always have. I miss you so much. You enriched my life in so many ways and I never told you. I'm sorry about that. I wish you could have seen my kids grow up. They are pretty awesome. I wish you could see my grand-kids. They are so smart and beautiful. Tell daddy I said "hi", and that I miss him, too.

I wish heaven had visiting hours.

No comments: