Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Happy Father's Day!

I was going to write a post about my dad.
How wonderful and loving he was.
How he constantly played the same old
practical jokes on us.
How he always insisted that my sister and I
act like ladies.
How old fashioned he was
(he wouldn't let us wear 'fancy' underwear).
 How he insisted that every strand of tinsel was strategically placed on each branch of our Christmas Tree.
About how he'd treat himself to a can of Campbell's Oyster Stew every once in a while (each can had two whole oysters in it and he always gave me one).
How handsome he was
whenever he wore his Fedora hat.
How he insisted on holding my hand when I crossed the street with him even after I was married. How he patiently walked the floors with my babies when they were colicky or teething.
How he died in the hospital when I wasn't there.
All alone.
I guess he thought I'd never be
strong enough 
to let him go.
He was right.
As usual.
I miss you so much, daddy. I always will.
Happy Father's Day!
I hope the beautiful families in these videos don't mind me using them in my blog but they just seemed so appropriate for Father's Day!

Father Surprises Son

If you still have your dad, don't let any opportunity pass by to tell him how much he means to you!

No comments: