Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Never Mind



I'm a Gemini. Therefore I jump into making decisions much too quickly. Worse, I am never sure exactly what I want to do. Half the time, I'm ambivalent. I can see the good in all things. The successes in every project.

It's extremely exasperating. So... after I decided to join the thousands of writers in the below mentioned 'NaNoWriMo' I did a little research. Yes, I should have done the research before I committed myself. Hence, my previous divorce.

I found an interesting article written by two sisters who thought that reading books was actually more worthwhile than just typing out a zillion words off the top of your head. Time well spent, in other words. 

Yes, getting into the habit of writing can help an author become disciplined and perhaps successful. But reading can excite the soul and feed the mind. It can make you a better person. Teach you a lesson. Make you look at things differently.

Unless you're a Gemini. That part comes naturally to us.

I've decided to read and to study books on writing. Become the writer I want to be. Not just wish on falling stars.

Good luck to all the writers out there! Break a pencil!

No comments: