Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 19, 2009

This Is It! At least I hope it is!



It's not too often that you get to witness
your own life altering events. I did.
I was opening E-mails, and deleting most of them.

Suddenly... there it was.

The response from Devine Destinies.
They are a publishing house I was waiting to hear from
in regards to my manuscript novel. My heart imm
ediately started to pound.
With trembling fingers, I opened it.
I peeked quickly,
just hoping for a general glimpse,
w
ithout actually reading it.
I was preparing for yet another rejection notice.
I took a deep breath.

Oh My God. Did it say what I thought it said?



YES!

I got a book contact!

It will be released as an E-Book
sometime in the next 12 months.

If it sells 200 copies in the first 60 days,
it will be printed as a paper-back.


I've waited so long for this day.

There was blood.
I can't tell you
how many paper-cuts
I have gotten over the past three years.

There was sweat.
I wrote a lot of it during the summer.

And there were tears.
My computer crashed and I lost the entire manuscript.
No. I didn't have an extra copy saved
on a different computer.
But luckily, God was on my side,
and a good friend retrieved it for me.

I'm not sure where it will lead,
but I'm finally on my way!

My thanks to God,
Jay Austin from Divine Destinies,
my children,
and my special friend, Brian Morris.

Couldn't have done it without you!














Wish me luck!
Oh!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!






Bogie: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine and writes that blasted book!

Ingrid: What if they make a movie out of it? Casablanca could be... replaced!

Bogie: Lisa has to do it, and we can't be any part of it. I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid

No comments: