Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The New Year

So... here it is. The start of yet another new year. Like most people, I am anxiously anticipating a happy, productive and exciting 2010. The possibilities are endless. What could 2010 have in store for me? Romance? Travel? Success with my book 'Passing Whispers'? Will it be a year of good health? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Of course, you don't get to be my age without becoming a little jaded. A part of me, (I try to keep it a small part) worries about the unexpected tragedies, accidents and misfortunes that could befall anyone of us. Will I be strong enough to survive? Get through it unscathed, with only minimal injuries and scars?

I guess all we can do is hope for the best, and pray that God will see us through any disasters we might find ourselves facing.

But with age, also comes an understanding that we are NOT totally powerless. We CAN make a difference. I hope that 2010 finds me an active participant. I hope I seize every opportunity to make this world a little better than I found it. If 5000 people each planted just one flower, can you imagine what a garden it would be? Together... we can do anything.

Here's to 2010 and everybody living in it. Welcome, neighbor. I got your back.

No comments: