Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 10, 2018

WHO are...THEY?



They say we're in for scorching heat 
this week in Jersey.  
Who are they anyway?  
I don't think I've ever 
met one of them before.  
If we were to analyze this, we could assume 
that there is more than one, 
since we always refer to them in the plural form.  It's never 'he' or 'she' ... it's always they. 
I would guess that they are young.  
Most likely under the age of thirty, 
since they seem to have an opinion 
on just about everything.  
If they were employed, 
married or had children, 
they wouldn't have time 
to just go around saying things.  
Maybe there aren't as many of them 
as we think there are.  
They just want us to think so.  
I know that I am not one of them.  
No one ever listens to anything I say.  
Especially my kids.  
And yet I have heard all three 
refer to them many  times in the past.  
OMG!  Did you read what I just wrote?  
'All three of ...THEM!'  
Is it possible that MY kids are actually ... THEM?  
In a way it makes sense. Each one of my kids 
thinks they know it all.  
And I DO have more than one child ...  
hence THEM.'
Is it possible that my kids 
really do know everything?   
That every word they utter is carefully recorded 
so it can be repeated whenever necessary?  
Is this theory even POSSIBLE?  
Am I actually the mother of the chosen few?  
Of ... THEM?  
The Grand Poobahs behind every fact, speculation, prediction and rumor 
between Hollywood and Washington, D.C.?  
ME?  
MY KIDS?
THEM??

Nah.

No comments: